“Grassroots members and their local nonprofit partners demonstrated the power of grassroots partnership and conservation in 2012,” said Scott Welch, Global Corporate Relations Manager, Columbia Sportswear Company. “Based on the incredible performance of last year’s recipients and quality of this year’s proposals, we are proud to expand the program.”
Grassroots and Columbia share a mission of promoting long-term environmental good for the great outdoors on local, national and global levels. To demonstrate our commitment to the outdoors, as well as Columbia’s appreciation of Grassroots members’ current conservation efforts, we established the Columbia/Grassroots Belay Program. To belay is simply to secure and safeguard a climber by using rope. The Belay Program is designed to provide the basic necessities to secure and safeguard local projects improving our environment.
“Our members appreciate this expanded investment in local conservation by Columbia,” said Roanne Miller, President, Grassroots. “This support is critical for the success of local conservation projects, promotes community partnership and volunteerism, and enhances current Grassroots projects and partnerships.”
The following 16 organizations were selected by Grassroots members for support in the 2013 program year. The recipients are located in 15 different States (from Arizona to Virginia) and will receive $5,000 in the form of cash, product, or both from Columbia.
2013 Awards (Project name, grant recipient/Grassroots partner):
- Climbing Higher, City of Chattanooga Parks and Recreation/Rock Creek Outfitters
- Every Child Outside: Outdoor Adventures for City Kids, Common Ground/Trailblazer
- G.O.A.T. Kids’ Racing Series, Team Revolution/Alpine Shop
- Habitat Restoration & Exotic Plant Control in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park/Appalachian Outfitters
- Homer Lake Natural Playscape and NatureScape Exploration/Stewardship Programs, Forest Preserve Friends Foundation, Champaign County/Champaign Surplus
- Inheriting the Atchafalaya Basin, Atchafalaya Basinkeeper, Inc./Pack and Paddle
- Kids in Kayaks, Port Royal Sound Foundation/Outside Hilton Head
- Lander Youth Climbing Initiative, International Climbers’ Festival/Wild Iris
- Maroon Bells Trail Reconstruction and Restoration Project, Colorado Fourteeners Initiative/Ute Mountaineer
- Marsh Ambassadors Program Center, Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Foundation/Wild River Outfitters
- NatureFEST, Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation/Buffalo Peak Outfitters
Textiles | On 27th Jun 2017
E-commerce players in India will not be required to deduct tax on...
Apparel/Garments | On 27th Jun 2017
Future Group, which runs retail stores across India under various...
Textiles | On 27th Jun 2017
Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) and National Securities...
Marazban F Velati
Sutlej Textiles & Industries limited
No training can be effective till the candidate believes in it.
Shiladitya K Joshi
Truetzschler India Private Limited
India ITME provides a platform to interact with our stakeholders
‘Online economy has changed the whole dynamics of buying habits.’
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...