A marquee location for the brand; it is the largest and top-selling Nike store in the Emerging Markets geography. It’s the first store in Argentina to achieve LEED certification in the Commercial Interiors category.
The Unicenter shopping complex was remodeled in 2012, necessitating major changes in the existing Nike store.
Sustainability highlights include:
- Energy-efficient appliances and LED lighting reduce electric consumption by 80 percent and provide overall energy savings of about 40 percent. Plumbing changes have reduced water use by 40 percent.
- 90 percent of store waste is recycled locally, and up to 94 percent of waste is diverted from landfills. Nike reuses those materials or donates them to non-profit organizations.
- Pure air is filtered into the store via specially installed equipment.
- 100 percent of new wood is certified sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
- Materials and products are manufactured locally to reduce transportation and decrease carbon emissions.
The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program that recognizes buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
Textiles | On 26th May 2017
There's a new eco-friendly fibre on the anvil—Austrian speciality...
Apparel/Garments | On 26th May 2017
The first quarter revenue of fiscal 2017 at apparel marketer PVH Corp ...
‘Buying crowdsourced or creative designs are much more appealing to the...
Shri Dinesh Mills Limited
Broad range of fabrics will sell well this financial year
ITME is an occasion not only to receive new leads but also to work on...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...