The consolidated turnover of Van de Velde grows by 0.3%
In 2013 Van de Velde realises a consolidated turnover growth of 0.3% (from m€ 181.8 to m€ 182.4).
The following aspects drive this development:
- A stable wholesale turnover versus the same period last year: in the first half, there was a decline of 2.0%, in the second half there is an increase of 2.2%.
- A fall in the retail turnover of Intimacy of slightly over 12% in local currency. The like-for-like fall slows down in the second half of the year (4.8%) compared to the first six months (11%).
- The retail turnover of Rigby & Peller in the UK grows by 0.6% in local currency and decreases by about 4% in euro due a weaker British Pound.
- An increase of 13.3% in the retail turnover at Rigby & Peller (the former Oreia) in Continental Europe, thanks to a strong like-for-like growth in Germany (6.5%) and a number of new stores (Cologne, Munich, Copenhagen).
- The retail turnover at Donker stores for the period April-December 2013 contributes for an amount of m€ 3.5.
About VAN DE VELDE:
Van de Velde NV is a leading player in the luxury and fashionable women’s lingerie sector. Van de Velde is convinced of a long-term strategy based on developing and expanding brands around the Lingerie Styling concept (fit, style and fashion), especially in Europe and North America.
Van de Velde
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2016
The Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) expressed its...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2016
The global yarn production increased by 20 per cent...
Bolger & O'Hearn
Which chemicals are likely to dominate the sustainable textiles industry?...
Trend for lingerie
There are quite a number of brands stepping into the sports lifestyle...
InvestKonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...