Luxury and fashionable women’s lingerie brand Van de Velde announces its annual results for year 2013.
The consolidated turnover of Van de Velde grows by 0.3%
In 2013 Van de Velde realises a consolidated turnover growth of 0.3% (from m€ 181.8 to m€ 182.4).
The following aspects drive this development:
- A stable wholesale turnover versus the same period last year: in the first half, there was a decline of 2.0%, in the second half there is an increase of 2.2%.
- A fall in the retail turnover of Intimacy of slightly over 12% in local currency. The like-for-like fall slows down in the second half of the year (4.8%) compared to the first six months (11%).
- The retail turnover of Rigby & Peller in the UK grows by 0.6% in local currency and decreases by about 4% in euro due a weaker British Pound.
- An increase of 13.3% in the retail turnover at Rigby & Peller (the former Oreia) in Continental Europe, thanks to a strong like-for-like growth in Germany (6.5%) and a number of new stores (Cologne, Munich, Copenhagen).
- The retail turnover at Donker stores for the period April-December 2013 contributes for an amount of m€ 3.5.
About VAN DE VELDE:
Van de Velde NV is a leading player in the luxury and fashionable women’s lingerie sector. Van de Velde is convinced of a long-term strategy based on developing and expanding brands around the Lingerie Styling concept (fit, style and fashion), especially in Europe and North America.