First-ever three-day GIBM to be held in Munich
Over 250 top decision makers from business and government from India, Europe and other parts of the world will put heir heads together to scout for innovative models of cooperation between globalizing Indian companies and their counterparts worldwide in the first-ever three-day 'Global India Business Meeting' (GIBM) to be held in Munich (Germany) from June 28, 2009.
FICCI is the Indian co-host of the GIBM along-with the State of Bavaria (Germany), BayernLB and Federation of Bavarian Industry (VBW).
India's Minister of Commerce and Industry, Mr. Anand Sharma will deliver the keynote address at the opening session of GIBM that will take a close look at the economic and political synergies and the potential for deepening the relationship between India and the world. The focus will be on the political connect between Indian and world leaders and their vision of a burgeoning global Indian future.
The German Chancellor, Dr Angela Merkel is expected to be present at the meeting. The Federal Minister of Economics and Technology, Dr. Karl-Theodor Freiherr zu Guttenberg and the Bavarian Minister President Horst Seehofer are expected to address the Indian and world CEOs.
Mr. Martin Zeil, Deputy Minister President, State of Bavaria, Germany; Mr. Supachai Panitchpakdi, Secretary-General, UNCTAD; and Mr. Frank-Jürgen Richter, President, Horasis, Switzerland, will share their perspectives in the opening session.
The Indian states of Karnataka and Maharashtra would be represented by delegations that will be led by the Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister of the two states.
The co-chairs of the meeting are:
• Prince Abdullah bin Mosa'ad, Chairman, Saudi Paper Manufacturing Co, Saudi Arabia
• Rahul Bajaj, Member of Parliament and Chairman, Bajaj Auto, India
• Harsh Pati Singhania, Managing Director, JK Paper & President, FICCI, India
• Peter Bauer, Chief Executive Officer, Infineon, Germany
• Pramod Bhasin, Chief Executive Officer, Genpact, India
• Gerhard Cromme, Chairman, Siemens and ThyssenKrupp, Germany
• Tony Fernandes, Chairman, AirAsia, Malaysia
• Jim Goodnight, Chief Executive Officer, SAS, USA
• Kris Gopalakrishnan, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys, India
• Alan Hassenfeld, Chairman of the Executive Committee, Hasbro, USA
• Baba Kalyani, Chairman, Bharat Forge, India
• Liu Jiren, Chairman, Neusoft, China
• Nasser Munjee, Chairman, Development Credit Bank, India
• G V Krishna Reddy, Chairman, GVK Power & Infrastructure, India
• Dhruv M. Sawhney, Chairman, Triveni Engineering & Industries, India
Says Dr. Amit Mitra, Secretary General, FICCI: “The Global India Business Meeting shall integrate the top decision-makers from all sectors of the Indian economy, aimed at finding strategies to expanding our operations outside India. The meeting affords an great opportunity for Indian CEOs to meet with their global counterpartsto discuss and create new models of cooperation. FICCI is happy to spearhead such an initiative especially in the backdrop of the global meltdown.”