Four Macy's stores to extend their holiday hours
The homestretch of the holiday season will soon be upon countless shoppers still in need of finding the perfect gift. For the fourth year in a row, Macy's will give last minute shoppers some extra time with overnight and extended hours at select city and mall stores. Beginning on Monday, December 21 at 7 a.m., Macy's will open its doors at 12 select stores in the New York/New Jersey metro area, and the greater DC and Philadelphia metro areas for round-the-clock marathon shopping that goes the distance in delivering customer service and convenience. In addition to the twelve stores pulling all-nighters, four Macy's stores will extend their holiday hours until 2 a.m. from December 21 through December 23 for that much needed extra time to shop.
24 - Hour Stores
• Macy's Herald Square, New York, NY
• Macy's at Queens Center Mall, Rego Park, NY
• Macy's at Staten Island Mall, Staten Island, NY
• Macy's at Roosevelt Field Mall, Westbury, NY
• Macy's Cross County, Yonkers, NY
• Macy's at Willowbrook Mall, Wayne, NJ
• Macy's Tyson's Corner, McLean, VA
• Macy's Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, NJ
• Macy's Woodfield, Schaumburg, IL
• Macy's Oakland, Troy, MI
• *Macy's Twelve Oaks, Novi, MI
• *Macy's Rosedale, Rosedale, MN
(*) indicates stores that will remain open for 83-consecutive hours for the first time
2 a.m. Closings
• Macy's Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY
• Macy's at Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, NY
• Macy's Menlo Park Mall, Menlo Park, NJ
• Macy's at Newport Centre, Jersey City, NJ
In 2006, Macy's Queens Center store was the first Macy's store to go 24-hours. Due to its unprecedented success, Macy's added additional store locations for the 2007 and 2008 holiday seasons. This year, Macy's added two new 24-hour store locations at the Twelve Oaks and Rosedale Malls in Michigan and Minnesota, respectively. In addition, two 24-hour stores last year - West Farms Mall in Connecticut and Hamilton Mall in New Jersey - will not participate this year. The Macy's Menlo Park store in Menlo Park, NJ, a 24-hour store last year, will have extended store hours until 2 a.m. this year.
States Ron Klein, chief stores officer, Macy's, Inc. "Macy's is at the top of the list for holiday shoppers. By going 24-hours at 12 key locations and extending store hours at another 4, we are giving our customers extra time to shop when it's convenient for them. Being here for our customers takes the stress out of holiday shopping." He adds, "Our stores are destinations, whether they are located in an urban city or a suburban mall. Not only will our stores remain open to better serve our customers, but they will be greeted by our dedicated sales associates who voluntarily reworked their schedules during this holiday season to meet our customers' shopping needs."