- 56 catwalk shows and 20 presentations to take place over 5 days
- Over 120 UK and international emerging and established, ready-to-wear and accessory designers at The Exhibition at London Fashion Week
- Tom Ford and L’Wren Scott to show collections on the official schedule for the first time plus Julien Macdonald returning to show at London Fashion Week
- New to the presentation schedule include Sophia Webster as part of the BFC NEWGEN sponsored by Topshop scheme, 1205, palmer//harding and Ostwald Helgason
- Vodafone is principal sponsor of London Fashion Week for a third season as a part of a three year deal
- Manolo Blahnik CBE (British Fashion Awards 2012 Outstanding Achievement winner) has worked with the BFC to create bespoke visual event branding and marketing materials that will be used across London Fashion Week for AW13. Inspired by his personal career, the illustrations set the scene of Manolo’s creative world with key industry figures who have been a special influence in his life and career.
- The dedicated BFC Rock Vault sponsored by the International Palladium Board area in the West Wing of Somerset House will showcase the work of 10 fine jewellers including newcomer Alice Cicolini. As a part of the scheme the participating jewellers were invited to design a pair of red carpet earrings created from 20g of Palladium; these designs will also be displayed in a unique installation within the area
- This season’s BFC NEWGEN sponsored by TOPSHOP designers with official catwalk shows are: Simone Rocha and J.W. Anderson
- 2013’s Fashion Forward new recipients showing as part of the catwalk of the schedule are David Koma, Holly Fulton and Michael van der Ham. The scheme is sponsored by eBay Fashion and supported by the Mayor of London.
- The Exhibition at LFW feature areas include BFC Rock Vault sponsored by International Palladium Board, NEWGEN sponsored by TOPSHOP designers, Headonism supported by Royal Ascot and the Ground and First Floor Showrooms
- International presses are attending from 43 countries. International buyers are attending from 39 countries
- Over 5,000 visitors are expected: buyers, TV & radio crews, journalists and photographers
- Media coverage equals or exceeds most major news and international sporting events
Textiles | On 30th Jul 2016
The Chatterjee Group (TCG) owned by NRI entrepreneur Purnendu...
Textiles | On 30th Jul 2016
Diplomats of seven African countries have invited Coimbatore’s...
‘The terms eco-friendly and organic are common but everyone perceives them ...
‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...
‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Fashion | On 29th Jul 2016