Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Japanese textile importers explore Peruvian market
Japanese textile importers explore Peruvian market
05
Aug '11
Representatives of Japan Textiles Importers Association (JTIA) visited Peru and toured the facilities of Creditex and Nettalco, both vertically integrated textile companies based in the country's capital Lima.

The visit has generated great expectations among the textile and apparel manufacturers in Peru, especially in view of Japan's quick economic recovery post-March 11 earthquake and the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries which has just come into force, according to Peru's Association of Exporters (ADEX).

Japan currently imports 85 percent of its textiles and garments from China, and the rest 15 percent from South Asian countries. In order to explore possibilities of importing from other countries JTIA every year chooses to visit one region.

While last year, Japanese entrepreneurs visited Eastern Europe, this year they are visiting Central and South America. Peru has been included in the list of countries the team is visiting for the quality of cotton, alpaca wool, as well as the finishing of textiles and apparels.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India

Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2017

Bangladesh apparel sector has 95% local investors: BGMEA

Over 95 per cent of the total investors in the Bangladesh apparel...

Textiles | On 18th Feb 2017

Smriti Irani resolves cutting of carpets issue at ports

During a meeting held with stake holders of the carpet weaving...

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2017

Andhra Pradesh inks MoUs to set up 12 apparel units

At the recent CII Partnership Summit held in Hyderabad, memorandum of ...

Interviews View All

Anavila Misra
Anavila Collection

Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion

DK Sharma
Velocity Apparelz

We constantly communicate with employees at all levels

Yash Agarwal
Hitansh Online

Every market region has its own culture and trends

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Giorgio Mantovani
Corman S.p.A

Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...

Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company

One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Robert Brunner
Devereux

Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH
February 2017

February 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


eNEWS
Insights
Subscribe today and get the latest News update in your mail box.
Advanced Search