Denim and Performancewear Back-to-Back Symposia
AATCC will offer back-to-back symposia combined into a three-day event in Long Beach, California, December 7-9.
Denim and Fashion Garment Washing: What's New, Innovative, & Sustainable will be held on December 7th and the morning of the 8th. Sessions will focus on design & development; emerging technologies and applications; and garment washing trends.
Performance & Outerwear: Optimizing through Innovation will begin on the afternoon of December 8th and run through the 9th. Session topics will cover sustainability & innovation; optimizing product performance; and fashion and brand developments. Attendees will have the opportunity to register to attend either or both of the programs.
Presentations for Denim and Fashion Garment Washing: What's New, Innovative, & Sustainable include:
• Digital Denim; Carly Spano, Cotton Incorporated
• Benefits and Uses of Flame Resistant (FR) Denim; Quentin Bonner, Springfield LLC
• Fashion Garment Washing Trends, Using More Sustainable Processes; Renato Silva, Pulcra Chemicals
• New Enzymes for Denim Processing; Chuck Stewart, Tumbling Colors
• Sustainable is a By-product of Innovations; Dave Johnson, True Religion
• Pad-Sizing-Ox, A Step Beyond in Resource Savings in Denim; Miguel Sanchez, Clariant International Ltd.
• The Uses of Natural Dyes and Organic Indigo with Textile Machinery: New Advances in Colorants and Technology; Kathy Hattori, Botanical Colors
• Denim Recycling Update; Speaker TBD from Cotton Incorporated
• Transforming Textiles: Innovations toward Sustainability; Heather Hocker, Textile Exchange
• Cotton Market Overview & Outlook; Jon Devine, Cotton Incorporated
• Doing Business in a New Economy; Frances Harder, Fashion Business Inc.
• Garment Dyers Guide to Cationic Cotton; Chuck Stewart, Tumbling Colors
• Sustainable Development through Selected Chemicals for Garment Wet Processing; Razvan Popescu, Garmon & Bozzetto
Presentations for Performance & Outerwear: Optimizing through Innovation include:
• Ceramic Based Coatings and their Effects on Outdoor Performance Fabrics; Brian Furr, DyStar
• Recycle, Reuse, Reinvent; Kristine Upesleja, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
• Peroxide Based Fabric Functionalization Provides Antimicrobial and Antifungal Properties; Bernd Liesenfeld, Quick-Med Technologies Inc.
• Fluorine-free Durable Water Repellent; Fernando Vazquez, Dow Corning Corp.
• The Performance of Retroreflective Clothing; Tom King, King-Tech
• Improving Value by Testing-Performance Fabrics and Apparel; Robert Lattie, SDL Atlas LLC
• The Future of Lighting: Color, Efficiency, and Compliance; Ann Laidlaw, X-Rite Inc.
• Bryan Swarn, president & CEO of Phenetix Urban Athletic Wear Co., will make the keynote presentation, titled, “Phenetix: Creating Outer Wear for Your Inner Style.” Swarn was honored at AATCC's 2011 International Conference as the first recipient of AATCC's Young Entrepreneur Award. He will share his company's history, goals, and vision.
Individuals registering to attend either the Denim and Fashion Garment Washing: What's New, Innovative, & Sustainable symposium or the Performance & Outerwear.
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC )