Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Pakistan to raise antidumping duty issue at summit
Pakistan to raise antidumping duty issue at summit
31
Oct '11
Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari is likely to raise the issue of antidumping duty on textile item exports to Turkey at the upcoming trilateral summit of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey.

The Government of Turkey had imposed an additional antidumping duty of 18 percent on July 24 this year, to the existing 6.5 percent import duty on denim fabrics, thus taking the total duty to 24.5 percent on Pakistani textile products.

Pakistan is one of the major exporters of grey and denim fabrics to Turkey and the imposition of antidumping duty is expected to result in a loss of US$ 300 million to it. On the other hand, the withdrawal of the tariff would enhance Pakistani textiles' export to Turkey.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul will be hosting the trilateral summit on November 2 in Istanbul, which would be attended by the Pakistani President, besides Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan.

Dr. Mirza Ikhtiar Baig, Advisor on Textiles to the Pakistani Prime Minister, had requested the country's President to take up the anti-dumping issue with the Turkish Government during his visit.

Besides Pakistan, Turkey has imposed antidumping duty on imports of fabrics from Bangladesh, China, Indonesia and Vietnam to protect the indigenous industry.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Ethiopia’s Kombolcha Industrial Park attracts foreign firms

Apparel/Garments | On 15th Dec 2017

Ethiopia’s Kombolcha Industrial Park attracts foreign firms

Strategic location, modern factory facilities and proximity to the...

Courtesy: 2XU

Apparel/Garments | On 15th Dec 2017

L Catterton Asia announces JV of GXG and 2XU

L Catterton Asia, the Asian unit of the largest and most global...

15 trade associations urge nations to safeguard WTO system

Apparel/Garments | On 15th Dec 2017

15 trade associations urge nations to safeguard WTO system

Fifteen trade and industry associations from across the world have...

Interviews View All

Ghanshyam Ghoghari
Kimora Fashion

Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore

Veronique Lee
Modavanti

‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...

Mandeep Nagi
Shades of India

Women value something that is unique and has a flavour of India

C Dhandayuthapani

MAG Solvics Private Limited was established in 1991 to design and develop...

Liz Manning

<div><b>Liz Manning</b>, Business Development Manager at Catexel, has...

Suresh P Bagrecha

Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Eric Scholler
Groz-Beckert

The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search