Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Handloom textile park to come up in Northeast India
Handloom textile park to come up in Northeast India
02
Mar '12
In order to meet the rising demand for quality handloom and handicraft items form the state, a textile park would shortly be set up in the Northeast Indian state of Manipur.

The textile park will be established at Lamboi Khongnangkhong in Imphal West by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. The Ministry will bear 90 percent of the total cost, while the remaining 10 percent would be contributed by entrepreneurs.

The Ministry is likely to release its share of funds for the construction of the textile park after it receives a detailed project report this month from the Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Ltd. (ILFS).

K Lamlee Kamei, Deputy Director, Department of Commerce and Industries, Government of Manipur, said applications seeking space in the park have started pouring in, but the exact number of units that are to be allotted space in the textile park is yet to be decided.

He stated that the handloom and handicraft items from Manipur are in huge demand in international markets and added that the park will enable artisans and craftsmen from the state to produce more and in an organized manner.

The textile park would have various segments like handloom, embroidery, powerloom, packaging, export agency, training, etc., Mr. Lamlee informed.

He revealed that the land for the park has been acquired and ILFS would complete construction work for the park within two years.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

India needs to double cotton farmers’ income: top official

India needs to double the income of cotton farmers and non-farmers...

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

Pakistan seeks more JVs with China: textile minister

The Pakistani Government wants to forge more joint ventures (JVs)...

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Sep 2017

Egypt’s garment exports touch $941 million in 8 months

Egypt's garment exports touched $941 million in the first eight...

Interviews View All

Amrit Sethia
SOIE

‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’

Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd

Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry

Yashiki Gumber
Sahiba Fabrics

Fabric does not restrict us from fashion trends

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Anisha Chaudhari
Threads & Shirts

Threads & Shirts is a freshly-tailored concept providing men/women a...

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search