Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Peruvian textiles sector creates 63,700 new jobs in 2013
Peruvian textiles sector creates 63,700 new jobs in 2013
13
Feb '14
The textile and leather sector of the Latin American country of Peru created around 63,700 new jobs during last year, as per the data released by the National Institute of Statistics and Informatics (INEI).
 
According to the Annual Economic Survey 2013 data of INEI, the Peruvian textile and leather sector employment accounted for 18 percent of the total employment generated in the manufacturing sector of the country during 2013.
 
Of the total 63,700 employed in the textile and leather sector of Peru during 2013, 60.5 percent were males, whereas the rest 39.5 percent were females.
 
As per the INEI data, the average monthly salary for male and female workers employed in the textile and leather sector of the country during 2013 was 2,035 Peruvian soles, which is approximately €530.
 
In 2013, the overall manufacturing sector of Peru created nearly 353,800 new direct jobs, of which 27.2 percent were female employees, the INEI data states.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Sri Lanka’s apparel exports rise after EU GSP+ reinstatement

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Nov 2017

Sri Lanka’s apparel exports rise after EU GSP+ reinstatement

Sri Lanka’s apparel exports from January to September 2017 has...

Bangladesh plans 2 leather estates in Rajshahi, Chittagong

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Nov 2017

Bangladesh plans 2 leather estates in Rajshahi, Chittagong

Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said two more leather...

ASEAN, Hong Kong sign free trade agreement

Textiles | On 18th Nov 2017

ASEAN, Hong Kong sign free trade agreement

The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and Hong Kong...

Interviews View All

Angelina Francesca Cheang
MY ANJE

'Consumers in the age-group 21 to 38 are driving the activewear trend'

Claudia Kersten
Global Organic Textile Standard

‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...

Headhonchos
Textiles & allied industry

Textiles industry is always in the forefront in accepting latest technology

Rikesh Mistry

Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...

Sugandha Bhardwaj

<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...

Suresh P Bagrecha

Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Pranav Mishra
Huemn

Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

November 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.5%
No
12.4%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 89

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.8%
No
30.3%
Skip
7.9%

Total Votes: 89

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
86.5%
No
10.1%
Skip
3.4%

Total Votes: 89

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
80.9%
No
9.0%
Skip
10.1%

Total Votes: 89


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search