SMIT to display new versatile rapier weaving machine at ITME
“920 SERIES” rapier weaving machine
Fully responding the expectations coming from the most advanced textile sectors of the challenging Asian market, SMIT TEXTILE presents the new GS920 series of rapier weaving machines for flat, technical and terry fabrics.
These innovative weaving machines are designed according to the newest and comprehensive modularity concept that involves the whole SMIT TEXTILE's machines project - mechanical, electronic HW & SW and communication systems - allowing to further on enhance versatility and productivity, the recognized advantages of SMIT TEXTILE weaving technology.
SMIT TEXTILE new “920 Series” highlights:
• new main motor drives for the lowest energy consumption and highest torque, to provide the best fabric quality for any style weaving.
• new SMIT Gripper System, ensuring the highest versatility for every type of yarn and application: fabrics for fashion, for upholstery, technical fabrics and home fabrics.
• new mechatronic controls of weaving functions (weft management, lateral binding, shed formation, auxiliary functions etc. ), allowing the ”digital tuning” of the machine by the operator from the control monitor.
• new expandable electronic platform that integrates specialized subsystems through a CAN BUS network, controlled by a full touch screen monitor, with TFT technology 12.1” display, Open System standards, USB serial bus, Ethernet, Internet interfaces.
• new ergonomic design of the machines for high accessibility, high cloth visibility and quick and easy set-up.
• new sturdy machine structure, new mechanisms lay-out for the greatest stability and the most effective noise reduction.
At SMIT TEXTILE booth B-110, Hall 2-LL , set up together with its Sales Representative Bakubhai Ambalal, the new series will be presented in the version: GS920 with dobby, 2.0 m nominal width, 8 colours, weaving a syntethic sportsweare style with elastic weft insertion.
This machine is equipped with the TWIN DIRECT DRIVE, the SMIT TEXTILE system with two high performance direct drives controlling independently the shedding shaft and the main weaving machine shaft, to bring versatility and flexibility features to the extreme opportunities.
This innovative structural design translates into:
• Low maintenance, minimal vibration and noise level
• Minimal energy absorption and heat dissipation
• Shedding closure phase electronic control.
A further version of GS920 for flat fabrics - based on the same modular architecture – is distinguished by the New DIRECT DRIVE control, with “high response” motor, flange-mounted on the main machine shaft, featuring:
• Instantaneous start-up for top fabric quality
• Simplicity of machine lay out, highly stiff drive trains for top performance
• Low energy consumption and low heat production
• Low vibration and noise level
Global competitiveness and world-wide Customer Services Leader among rapier weaving machine manufacturers, SMIT has a long-established presence in Asia, where the technical features of its products combined with efficient service are highly appreciated in the widest application range.
In order to respond adequately to the challenge of the important Asian market, SMIT TEXTILE recently developed its network by opening two further Service Centres in Mumbai- India and Hangzhou-China, providing customers with weaving trials, training, technical assistance and spare parts supply.