Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Diversified markets & cost competitiveness key to survival
Diversified markets & cost competitiveness key to survival
04
Dec '08
Knitting industry is one of the three major economic pillars of Yishan Town, as the industry has more than 300 enterprises involved in knitting business. But since the global financial crisis has unfolded, many knitting enterprises have felt great pressures.

The whole textile industry is at a critical point and profit margins are significantly getting depressed with some of the enterprises reporting heavy losses. The knitting industry in particular is feeling the heat of the crisis more so, in the second half of this year.

Some of the knitting industries in the town have invested heavily in brand building and this is increasingly reflected in the competition among enterprises to catch the eye of the consumer through these branding exercises.

Wenzhou Chasing-Deer knitted underwear Co., Ltd., is a typical company among knitted underwear manufacturing companies in Yishan. 75 percent of the knitted underwear produced by the company is sold in domestic market while the rest of the 25 percent flows into export markets.

But because the company has adopted such a diversified sales policy, the company is still running at 100 percent capacity. The General Manger of the company Mr. Huang said, quality, efficiency and low price have become criterions of a customer's orders and as long as the markets exist, they will continue to generate orders due to their low prices, but albeit; guaranteeing the same quality.”


Fibre2fashion News Desk - China


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 21st Jul 2017

No shortage of cotton & yarn in country: Minister

There is no shortage of cotton and yarn in the country, and the...

Pic courtesy: Sutlej Textiles & Industries Ltd

Textiles | On 21st Jul 2017

Sutlej Textiles’ Q1 FY18 EBITDA expands to Rs 76.28 cr

Sutlej Textiles and Industries Ltd (STIL), one of India’s largest...

Textiles | On 21st Jul 2017

CAI revises 2016-17 cotton crop to 337.25 lakh bales

Cotton Association of India (CAI) has upwardly revised cotton crop...

Interviews View All

Cyril Pereira
Reed Exhibitions India, organiser of Asian Machine Tool Exhibition 2016

'Major problem in the textile machinery manufacturing industry is the lack ...

Anavila Misra
Anavila Collection

Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion

Anshul Sood
Oceedee

‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Silvia Venturini Fendi
Fendi s.r.l

"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...

Sonam & Paras Modi
SVA

Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X