Showcase of Disegno brand at INDEX
A brand new collaboration of some of the most prestigious and well known international design brands is set to launch at INDEX 2009, under the banner 'Disegno', bringing the very best of Italian cutting-edge interior design to Dubai.
The Disegno project was formed by a joint venture of three Dubai-based companies, RS Arabia, Duram and Kart Furniture, with the specific intention of showcasing a number of specially selected high-end interior design companies in the Middle East. Having officially launched at INDEX, the intention is that Disegno will promote different brands at different trade events in the future
– and plans also include a two day workshop in Dubai in the new year which will bring four very high profile international designers into the region.
The Disegno stand at INDEX will be totally unique, featuring innovative new materials and design. Coordinated by RS Arabia,the
stand will be designed by Kart Design, with fit-out and project management undertaken by Duram. Lighting will be provided by Huda
Lighting, and the overall structural engineering by Sinergo. The companies exhibiting at INDEX 2009 under the Disegno brand are:
• Paola Lenti - specializing in unique rugs and seating. Globally
renowned for textile innovation in design, the 2009 collection
“Essential Nature” uses a series of materials including iron, stone and wood, which are combined with high tech materials that perform well in difficult environments.
• Flou - representing “the culture of sleep”. Flou's innovative designer beds have marked its position as a global market leader.
Established by Rosario Messina in 1978, the company prides itself
on the quality, design, elegance and performance of its pioneering products.
• Kartell – set apart as a “hallmark of design”, Kartell has collaborations with many world famous designers, including Philippe Starck. Featuring a series of unique, stand out
products, Kartell continues to experiment with new materials and technology, and has been able to introduce satin finishing, transparency effects, flexibility, weather resistance, softness and texture.
• Serralunga - founded in Italy in 1825, Serralunga has come a long way since its days as a tannery. Known for beautiful oversized garden pots and furniture,Serralunga has transformed the simple flower vase into a sculpture, a lamp, a landmark, and a meeting point between the plant kingdom, furniture and
technology. The company has worked with twenty or so international designers in recent years, including Zaha Hadid
• Zanotta – established in 1954, Zanotta is one of the recognized
leaders in Italian industrial design. Guided by the insight and wonderful entrepreneurship abilities of the founder, Aurelio Zanotta, the company has won international recognition thanks to its products, emblematic for both their formal and technological innovations. Today's collection includes inspirational armchairs,
sofas, storage units, bookcases, chairs, tables, coffee tables and furnishing accessories, designed and created with the advanced use of a host of materials including metals, plastics, glass, marble, granite, wood, fabrics and leather.