Discover new opportunities with high tech fibers & fabrics!
Discover new opportunities with the Advances in Multi-Functional Materials Symposium and NTC Forum. Find out about the latest and greatest technologies in multi-functional materials, with sessions concentrating on nanotechnologies, healthcare, protection, and performance materials. The symposium, sponsored by AATCC's Materials interest group, will take place September 12-14 at the Hyatt Regency in Greenville, S.C.
The National Textile Center (NTC) Forum will be held in conjunction with the program, so that attendees can speak directly with leading university researchers about cutting-edge investigations of fibrous materials.
• Fiber-based Scaffolds for Tissue Regeneration; Ken Webb, Clemson University
• New Perspectives on Clothing for Health and Well-being; Katherine Carroll, North Carolina State University
• US Army Current and Future Ballistic Materials Needs; James Zheng, US Army
• Novel Hybrid Plasma Chem/Bio Protective Clothing; Marian McCord, North Carolina State University
• Pyrohands and Pyrohead: Recent Advances in Full Scale Fire Testing Systems; Roger Barker, North Carolina State University
• Nanofibrous Membranes for Human Protection; Kay Obendorf, Cornell University
• R&D Initiatives: Nuclear Radiation-blocking, Anti-chemical, Biological Protection Systems; Ronald F. DeMeo, Radiation Shield Technologies
• Effects of Cellulose Nanocrystal Addition to Alginate Fiber Nanocomposites; Christopher Kitchens, Clemson University
• Fascinating Carbon Nanotube Morphologies: Function Follow Shape; Apparao Rao, Clemson University
• Using Nanofibers to Create Innovative Multifunctional Textiles; Melinda Carnahan, SNS Nano FiberTechnology, LLC
• Polymer/Carbon Nanotube Composites: Opportunities and Challenges; Satish Kumar, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Self-powered Nanosystem: From Nanogenerators to Piezotronics; Zhong Lin (Z.L.) Wang, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Evaluation of Piezoelectric Fibers for Energy Harvesting Fabrics; Francois Guillot, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Photonics of Wing Scales: Butterflies and Beetles; Mohan Srinivasarao, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Flexible Textile Electrodes for Electroluminescence; Paul Calvert, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
• Improvised Explosive Devices Flash Fire/Protection-System Level Test; James Reuther, Energetic Systems & Security Technology Battelle, National Security Global Business
• Micro-Electronic Sensor Technology Integrated into Clothing and Protective Equipment; Jeff Carbeck, MC 10
• Surface Modification of Fibrous Materials; Bogdan Zdyrko, Clemson University
AATCC (American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists) is the world's leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921. AATCC, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA, provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for members in about 60 countries throughout the world.
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists