Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Post buyout, More to be leader in home textiles
Post buyout, More to be leader in home textiles
20
May '11
Fundo de Reestruturação (Restructuring Fund) has acquired three Portuguese home textile mills that were in financial difficulty to create a new mega firm - More Textile.

The three mills – Coelima, António Almeida & Filhos and José Machado Almeida – together employ about 2,000 people and have annual sales of about US$ 142 million.

The Restructuring Fund has 85% stake in More Textile, while the remaining 15% is owned by the shareholders of the three mills.

Although the production facilities of these three mills are operating separately, the management is being integrated under More Textile.

The management of More Textile would ensure the viability of the three mills that have been facing difficulties due to low demand in the international market, competition from Asian countries, and the high rise in production costs.

More Textile is, thus, set to replace Lameirinho as the leading home textile manufacturer in Portugal.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Chinese firm sets up textile-garment chain in Vietnam

Apparel/Garments | On 13th Dec 2017

Chinese firm sets up textile-garment chain in Vietnam

Worldon Vietnam Co. Ltd under the Chinese Shenzhou Group is likely to ...

Courtesy: SATO Global Solutions

Information Technology | On 13th Dec 2017

Sensor networks improve inventory management

Sensor networks like radio frequency identification (RFID) and smart...

CMAI hails review of FTP as 'progressive package'

Apparel/Garments | On 13th Dec 2017

CMAI hails review of FTP as 'progressive package'

The Clothing Manufacturers' Association of India (CMAI) has hailed...

Interviews View All

Smith Vaghasia
Sanado India

Online remains the best destination for shopping

Darshan Mehta
Infinium Polychem

We are spending double digit figures on R&D

Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli

‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...

Rikesh Mistry

Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Urs Stalder
Sanitized AG

Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
Walnut

<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search