UPM Raflatac & Digilogics partner on RFID label solutions
UPM Raflatac and Digilogics S.A. de C.V. are pleased to announce the creation of a strategic partnership to develop RFID label solutions for process-intensive Mexican industries including retail, government services and supply chain management, among others. The two companies, in conjunction with Productos Dorel, have developed a state-of-the-art converting line for RFID tags in Mexico City.
“We're excited to join forces with Digilogics to offer RFID label solutions to the many national and international industry companies operating in the Mexican market,” says Jan Svoboda, Sales & Marketing Director, Americas, RFID, UPM Raflatac.
“Customers can use our RFID labels to improve their visibility into – and control over – critical business processes, increasing operational efficiency and effectiveness, while reducing costs.”
UPM Raflatac and Digilogics have also developed a retail discovery center to demonstrate RFID's ability to streamline inventory management.
The center will feature innovative applications designed and installed by 5Stat, including:
- A smart jewelry solution, which provides retailers with real-time information on inventory, RFID-keyed access to merchandise, interactive sales tools and merchandise and sales reporting.
- A smart showcase, where a single twist of an RFID-powered digital key triggers a drop-down security system that conceals all of a store's valuable merchandise in reinforced steel cages.
- An RFID-enabled smart fitting room, which provides continuous inventory and security, while allowing stores to cross-sell and up-sell merchandise via an interactive touch screen. Customers can use the screen to obtain product information, request additional items to try on and view complementary items for sale.
- A smart display that provides state-of-the-art sales tools including an interactive mirror that provides product information and a built-in camera that customers can use to take and e-mail pictures for a second opinion on goods they are considering purchasing.
- A point-of-sale system that simultaneously reads all of a customer's RFID-tagged merchandise, increasing the speed of check-out and enhancing staff productivity.
“We're pleased to partner with UPM Raflatac to develop RFID solutions for this important regional market,” says Luca Pastorello, Partner, Digilogics S.A. de C.V. “We believe that RFID technology is one of the best tools industry companies have to increase operational automation and enhance product security. Our RFID labels enable superior product authentication and control, which can be further enhanced with security features such as holograms and color shifting inks, allowing companies to protect their brand and reduce shrinkage and theft.”
Digilogics S.A. de C.V., a Mexico-based labelstock converter, creates radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions for process-intensive industries including retail apparel,
government services and supply chain management, among others. The company's mission is to become the leading RFID label provider in Mexico by developing customized solutions for industry customers that deliver exceptional quality, performance and ROI. Digilogics' partners include RFID manufacturers and solution integrators 5Stat, Convergence Systems Limited, Impinj, UPM Raflatac, Venture Research, Inc. and Zebra Technology Corporation.