New PolyPM 4.6. features vendor quality assurance
Polygon Software, a leading developer of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions for apparel businesses, announced the release of PolyPM version 4.6. PolyPM's new release features vendor Quality Assurance, which provides a comprehensive environment for collecting vendor performance data and for integration of raw material testing and results tracking into the entire product lifecycle. The collected information can be used for evaluating vendor performance, accepting or rejecting materials, issue tracking, and supplier audits. The new release of PolyPM also features enhancements that improve the user experience and overall function of the product.
Quality assurance is a critical business process for apparel businesses as they source raw materials from vendors and suppliers from all over the world. By integrating quality assurance into PolyPM's PLM and ERP solution, product development teams and manufacturers can replace point solutions and spreadsheet or paper based systems, thereby achieving complete automation. Using PolyPM's quality assurance, product development departments and manufacturers are able to achieve real-time visibility of vendor performance through:
• User-defined testing procedures – Develop any number of inter-related testing procedures specifying methodology and acceptable range of results.
• Inspection management – Selectively inspect incoming raw materials with approval rejection standards and user-defined rating systems.
• Fabric dyelot approval with integration to receiving – Independently check/test dyelot submits with approve/reject rating and receiving contingent on approved dyelots.
• Cost recovery and chargeback – Track rejected materials and issue returns and chargebacks.
• Vendor audits – Evaluate vendor performance and develop overall vendor ratings.
• Nonconformance management – Identify and track raw material nonconformance and produce analytic reports showing history and trends.
PolyPM version 4.6 incudes more than one hundred new features. Some of the more notable features are: user-defined colors for all tables, forms, and statuses and user-defined color themes; a number of style costing calculation enhancements; calculation of material overage requirements based on customer; a number of scan and pack enhancements; new tables that show bundle level or cut order progress based on time & action calendars, and a variety of new features for barcoding work-in-process and raw materials. Polygon Software maintains an aggressive schedule of three or more major releases annually.
Web-enabled, using Microsoft SQL database engine, PolyPM integrates all aspects of the design through production process: product development, costing, sourcing, manufacturing, inventory, sales, distribution and now production planning. By integrating business processes and people anywhere in the world, businesses use PolyPM to realize more efficient workflow, improved productivity and cost reductions.
PolyPM creates an environment that lets management get decision making information when and how it needs it, to ensure faster time-to-market and exploit new business opportunities. Plus, PolyPM is flexible enough to change with business conditions, so management won't need a cadre of programmers to customize and restructure the system as business conditions change.