New Lawson QuickStep for Fashion supports sourcing business
Lawson Software announced the general availability of the latest version of Lawson QuickStep for Fashion, a pre-configured enterprise software package designed for faster implementation and faster time-to-value for Lawson fashion customers. The new release includes two variants, both featuring many enhancements for the fashion industry.
The first is Lawson QuickStep for Fashion, which is designed for manufacturing companies or companies with a mix of manufacturing and sourcing business. The second variant is Lawson QuickStep for Fashion Sourcing, which is designed specifically for brand owners that design, source, and distribute - but do not manufacture their own products.
Lawson QuickStep solutions package Lawson's industry-specific functionality with the company's deep knowledge and understanding of sourcing, distribution, manufacturing and sales. It's based on Lawson's expertise gained through thousands of customer implementations worldwide. The new fashion ERP systems introduced are based on the latest version of the Lawson M3 Enterprise Management System, Lawson M3, version 10.1.
As Lawson QuickStep offerings, they are designed to support more than 70 percent of the core business processes of both fashion sourcing companies and manufacturers with little or no modification, which can help cut traditional enterprise software implementation times by up to 50 percent. By removing much of the complexity of an enterprise software deployment, Lawson helps companies save time and money, which can ultimately provide a faster return on investment.
Lawson QuickStep for Fashion Sourcing delivers industry-specific features and functions for mid-sized fashion companies. It addresses specific requirements of brand owners that design, source, and distribute - but do not manufacture their products. The solution comes with new specific roles and menus tailored to fashion sourcing product managers and planners.
Meanwhile, Lawson QuickStep for Fashion supports fashion manufacturers or companies that have a mix of manufacturing and sourcing requirements. This latest release of Lawson QuickStep for Fashion includes many application enhancements:
• An advanced costing and pricing toolbox that provides capabilities to help merchandisers source more effectively based on the cost of alternative supply methods.
• Bulk Orders, including tools to help create bulk order agreements and monitor of bulk orders.
• New processes for grouping and splitting deliveries, which gives sales and distribution more flexibility in how they create and manage deliveries.
• New resources to help support invoice matching on an aggregated level, such as matching by style.
• New package management functionality to help speed products through shipping and receiving, which helps reduce repacking, relabeling and handling costs. This new functionality allows companies to improve handling of pallets, boxes, and SKUs while providing a more accurate view of inventory.