Silhouettes and Trends
- Narrow printed skirts are the must-haves of the summer. Atelier GARDEUR interprets these with a narrow dress stripe or feminine fabric belt.
- Pleated skirts see a comeback in Summer 2013 and feature with a whole host of different pleating arrangements. With 63 cm to 67 cm lengths the feminine styles play elegantly around the knee.
- 100 cm long hippie skirts remain on the scene and this season feature with new prints.
- Knee-length, flared skirts, translated as micro-polyester for instance, show women from their feminine side.
- A-line skirts with lengths between 53 cm and 67 cm have firmly become established. Atelier GARDEUR showcases them in plain linen, cotton as well as in various prints.
- Fashionable tulip styles in 53 cm to 57 cm add a modern touch.
- Patch styles in all variations are indispensable. With a detachable hem section or yoke the most varied of material combinations produce special excitement.
- Midi skirts in lengths between 75 cm and 85 cm boast added charm thanks to central button facings at the front, trims and belt details.
“Brilliant Graphic” is a very clear and feminine look with a classically sophisticated touch. In terms of colour black, white and grey nuances dominate here alongside radiant electric blue. Exciting contrasts arise in material/pattern mix: for instance, a graphic black and white print meets plain black patches. Sporty denim appliqués on a classic, Chanel-style woollen bouclé also strike a new note. A key trend theme are photo prints – for instance, as grey nuanced skylines extending across the entire skirt hem. Graphic prints also play a key role. Playful polka dots feature in different sizes and looks. With fabrics a crepe-like polyester blend makes for swingy skirt shapes and sun pleats. Narrow skirt lines are transposed by Atelier GARDEUR in modern techno fabrics. An occasion-oriented skirt features in shiny satin. And classy black and electric blue are found in flowing micro-polyester.
“Modern Edition” presents a maritime-inspired, classic colour scheme featuring hard white to off-white, navy, warm to golden sand and strong orange-red. Prints are also marked by typical maritime looks such as broad block stripes in maritime colours or nautical symbols like boating knots. Basic maritime colours also dominate with pleated skirts in a crepe-like polyester blend. A trend theme is the so-called wet look achieved with coated cotton. In the sporty segment washed burlap creates a discreet colouring for a calm basic mood. With the narrow skirt styles semi-sporty cotton-elasthane blends play a major role interpreted, for instance, in a strong orange-red. A skirt in fashionable dogtooth check features at Atelier GARDEUR in washed cotton. Clean blue denim is given a new look thanks to findings in shiny copper. Discreet shine also features in dot patterns on light cotton.
Textiles | On 18th Feb 2020
Turkey and Pakistan want to raise bilateral commercial and economic...
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2020
Bangladesh's readymade garment (RMG) exporters feel the suspension of ...
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2020
Expressing disappointment over the February 12 decision by the...
‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...
Vidhyaa Shankar. S
A Ganapathi Chettiar
'The usage of knits is getting into the boundaries of woven fabrics'
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
<div><b>Liz Manning</b>, Business Development Manager at Catexel, has...
Incorporated in 1999, Purani Textiless Private Limited is one of the...
Surat-based Sunrise Imports & Exports Co is a manufacturer and...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
University of Texas -Dallas
<div>A team of scientists and researchers have discovered twistrons,...
Glen Raven Inc
Paige Mullis discusses the expansion plans of Glen Raven Inc in India, and ...
<b>Joe Ikareth</b> has a rock-solid fashion and textiles background, which ...
By Chandani is a womenswear prêt couture brand with fusion silhouettes by...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...