Please fill in your details to download the Table of Contents of this report for free. We also do customization of these reports so you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you need any other additional information.
The company’s second quarter comparable sales increased 4 percent. Net income for the second quarter was $243 million, up 29 percent compared with the second quarter last year. Second quarter diluted earnings per share increased 40 percent to $0.49 compared with $0.35 last year.
“Customers responded well to our product offerings across our brands, driving a healthy increase in sales and earnings per share during the quarter,” said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc. “Our continued focus on product and store execution are helping to drive positive momentum and we’re committed to sustaining solid performance for the remainder of the year.”
Given second quarter performance, the company has raised its estimate for fiscal year 2012 diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $1.95 to $2.00, compared with $1.56 in fiscal year 2011.
Second Quarter Financial and Business Highlights
• In North America, Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy each delivered positive comparable sales for the second consecutive quarter.
• Total net sales for the Gap Inc. Direct division increased 24 percent to $384 million compared with $309 million last year.
• Net sales outside of the U.S. and Canada (including Gap Inc. Direct and Franchise) increased 7 percent; the company opened its first Old Navy store outside of North America in Tokyo and continued to expand its Gap brand store base in China.
• Franchise net sales increased 25 percent compared with last year and the company opened its 250th franchise store.
• The company opened 11 Athleta stores, doubling its fleet to 22 stores across North America.
Second Quarter Comparable Sales Results
The company’s second quarter comparable sales were up 4 percent compared with the second quarter last year.
Comparable sales for the second quarter of fiscal year 2012 were as follows:
• Gap North America: positive 7 percent versus negative 3 percent last year
• Banana Republic North America: positive 7 percent versus negative 2 percent last year
• Old Navy North America: positive 3 percent versus flat last year
• International: negative 5 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
Additional Results and 2012 Outlook
Earnings per Share
Second quarter diluted earnings per share of $0.49 increased 40 percent compared with $0.35 for the second quarter last year.
The company raised its guidance for fiscal year 2012 diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $1.95 to $2.00, compared with $1.56 in fiscal year 2011.
Depreciation and Amortization
| On 11th Jul 2020
India's economy is likely to show a double-digit contraction in the...
| On 11th Jul 2020
ING Bank, the fourth-largest bank by assets in Romania, launched its...
| On 11th Jul 2020
The John Lewis Partnership has announced it will not reopen eight...
Sri Lanka has a good sustainable track record and strong stories to back it
Md Hanifur Rahman
The level of understanding the job role and organisational requirements...
Overall, Union budget 2018-19 is very balanced
Çalik Denim is among the world's top 10 premium denim manufacturers...
Chinese company Jiangsu Yingyang Nonwoven Machinery, established in 1993,...
Honghua Digital Technology Stock Co., Ltd. specialises in the R&D,...
Steve McCullough & Marco Weichert
Functional Fabric Fair & Design and Development GmbH Textile Consult respectively
Functional Fabric Fair is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.