Teen clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has reported net sales of $185.7 million for the four-week period ended May 27th 2006, a 17 percent increase over last year's May net sales of $159.0 million.
May comparable store sales increased 3 percent compared to the four- week period ended May 28th 2005.
Year-to-date, the company reported a net sales increase of 19 percent to $843.0 million from $705.8 million last year. Comparable store sales increased 6 percent for the year-to-date period.
May 2006 Developments:
- Total company net sales increased 17 percent
- Total company comparable store sales increased 3 percent
- Abercrombie & Fitch comparable store sales declined 3 percent
- abercrombie comparable store sales increased 21 percent
- Hollister Co comparable store sales increased 5 percent
The company operated 349 Abercrombie & Fitch stores, 164 abercrombie stores, 339 Hollister Co stores and ten RUEHL stores at the end of fiscal May.