M.D. Minerals as Makeup Sponsor for Couture Fashion Week
Couture Fashion Week, the prestigious semi-annual event held in New York City, has named M.D. Minerals as the Official Makeup Sponsor for its upcoming season. The event, which includes fashion shows by exceptional designers from around the world, luxury and fine art displays, entertainment and parties, will be held Friday September 10 through Sunday September 12, 2010. Runway shows will be held in the famous Grand Ballroom of the Waldorf-Astoria on Park Avenue, New York City.
M.D. Minerals by Dr. Janine Hopkins is not just a makeup collection, but a complete concept that complements Dr. Hopkins' practice style and her approach to helping people in their pursuit to be healthy and be beautiful. This premier collection has many advantages over traditional makeup and loose powder minerals including:
• Natural ingredients that help improve the health and appearance of the skin
• Minerals that reflect light to create a soft, radiant glow
• Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide minerals that protect the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays
• Oil-free, fragrance free formulas infused with antioxidants that help reduce premature skin aging
• Natural, non-comedogenic ingredients for sensitive or acne and rosacea-prone skin
• Anti-inflammatory minerals that help reduce redness and skin irritation
• Mineral products are free of irritating chemicals.
The collection consists of a diverse selection of makeup options including:
• liquid and pressed powder foundations
• blushes and highlighting powders
• shimmery bronzing powders for the face and body
• blemish and capillary concealers
• baked corrective minerals called “triage powders” which give a flawless finish to the skin when applied alone or over liquid foundations
• mineral volume lip sticks and glosses enriched with vanilla bean extracts and vitamins A, D, and E for softer lips
• baked mineral oil-free and fragrance free eye shadows with anti-oxidants that protect the delicate eyelid skin
• super lash mascara with keratin and panthenol that strengthen lashes
• a variety of hand crafted, platinum brushes and applicators, include a soft Kabuki brush and jumbo sponge, allowing for precise application for a professional look.
The mineral makeup collection was developed by Dr. Hopkins in collaboration with her associates Cathi and Lori French. The M.D. Minerals on-site studio allows clients to have private one-on-one makeovers with staff makeup artists and stylists. The practice also offers consultations and makeovers to provide advice and help achieve desired looks for daytime, evening, and important social events. The Hopkins Dermatology staff helps teenage girls and women of all ages learn about proper skin care and makeup choices that enhance their natural beauty, as well as makeup application techniques that highlight their best features.
This new generation, cutting edge product line is available at Hopkins Dermatology's own state-of-the-art facility in Monroe, Louisiana as well as at Audubon Dermatology in New Orleans and Signatures in Monroe and at a growing number of dermatology offices and high-end boutiques. The products are also available for purchase on the M.D. Minerals' website. The company is positioned to expand into the global market with plans to move into New York City, Los Angeles, London and other major cities.