Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Li & Fung proposes to go private

Li & Fung proposes to go private

21
Mar '20
Pic: IgorGolovniov / Shutterstock.com
Pic: IgorGolovniov / Shutterstock.com
Li & Fung Limited, the Hong Kong-based supply chain manager primarily for US and EU brands, department stores, hypermarkets, specialty stores, catalogue-led companies, and e-commerce sites, has proposed to go private in view of the declining stock price, and the current coronavirus spread which is likely to negatively impact all businesses.
 
In connection with the proposed transaction for the privatisation of the company by way of a scheme of arrangement, the company has made a joint announcement with Golden Lincoln Holdings I Limited (Offeror).
 
The shareholders of the Offeror consist of the Fung family, the controlling shareholder of Li & Fung, and GLP Pte Limited (GLP), a leading global logistics warehouse operator and investor, headquartered in Singapore.
 
An Independent Board Committee has been established to make a recommendation to the disinterested shareholders as to (i) whether the proposal, and in particular the Scheme and the Founder Arrangement, is fair and reasonable; and (ii) whether to vote in favour of the Founder Arrangement at the company’s SGM and the scheme of arrangement at the Court Meeting. A Scheme Document will be dispatched to the company shareholders as soon as practicable and in compliance with the requirements of the Takeovers Code and applicable laws and regulations.
 
The Offeror is ultimately controlled by the Fung family holding 60 per cent of voting shares, with GLP holding the remaining 40 per cent of voting shares and 100 per cent of non-voting shares, resulting in GLP having an effective economic ownership of 67.67 per cent of the Offeror.
 

Fibre2Fashion News Desk (RKS)


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 28th Mar 2020

Worldwide lockdowns, stimulus shots, raised PPE production

The global response this week to the unfolding COVID-19 crisis saw...

Pic: Shutterstock

Apparel/Garments | On 28th Mar 2020

Vietnam may outdo Bangladesh as 2nd largest RMG exporter

Though Bangladesh is now the second-largest garment exporter...

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 28th Mar 2020

Morgan Stanley rules out economic depression

With COVID-19 badly damaging the global economy, Morgan Stanley...

Interviews View All

Top executives, Textile industry

Top executives
Textile industry

Defining MSMEs on the basis of turnover makes it simpler to do business

Footwear industry, Head honchos

Footwear industry
Head honchos

Personalised and differentiated footwear is in high demand

Shiladitya K Joshi, Truetzschler India Private Limited

Shiladitya K Joshi
Truetzschler India Private Limited

India ITME provides a platform to interact with our stakeholders

Yogesh Kanani,

Yogesh Kanani

Incorporated in 1999, Purani Textiless Private Limited is a leading...

Carolin Russ,

Carolin Russ

Weko, Weitmann & Konrad GmbH & Co KG, based in south Germany, is...

Martina Giorgetti,

Martina Giorgetti

Italy-based Cibitex is a manufacturer of textile finishing machinery,...

Daniel Kaye, RocketLife

Daniel Kaye
RocketLife

<div>RocketLife, an award-winning developer of breakthrough visual...

Madison Maxey, Loomia

Madison Maxey
Loomia

Loomia designs and manufactures soft circuit systems that can be produced...

Ray Baughman, University of Texas -Dallas

Ray Baughman
University of Texas -Dallas

<div>A team of scientists and researchers have discovered twistrons,...

Hemant & Nandita, Hemant & Nandita

Hemant & Nandita
Hemant & Nandita

The designer duo of Hemant &amp; Nandita are known for being inspired by...

Madhu Jain, Madhu Jain

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Nisha Chanda, Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


March 2020

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search