2010 marks the 11th year of iD Dunedin Fashion Week
09 Feb '10
4 min read
31 finalists from 10 countries have been announced for the 2010 iD Dunedin Emerging Designer Awards to be held on Thursday, 11 March 2010 at the Lion Foundation Arena, Edgar Stadium, Dunedin.
The iD Dunedin Emerging Designer Awards continues to gain international momentum with more than 120 entries received from 19 countries for the 2010 Awards, up from 11 countries for the 2009 event.
Now in its sixth year, the Emerging Designer Awards attracts designers from the world's most prestigious design schools, exposing the country to unprecedented international fashion design talent. The selected finalists demonstrate the best emerging New Zealand and international talent in fashion, and in the new category of jewellery design.
Key Points - From New Zealand, the fashion finalists are: • Auckland University of Technology: Glenn Yungnickel; Sandra Tupu. • Massey University: Alexandra Walker. • Otago Polytechnic: Laura Marshall; Melanie Child; Roxanna Zamani; Siobhan Moroney; Sophie Hardy. • Whitecliffe College of Art and Design: Brooke Fairgray; Lan Yu.
- From Australia, the fashion finalists are: • Fashion Design Studio Ultimo TAFE, Sydney: Sam Hazelton.
- From the United Kingdom, the fashion finalists are: • Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London: Kathleen Kye; Hae Sung Bong. • London College of Fashion: Ichiro Suzuki. • Nottingham Trent University: Tahlia Goodwin. • Royal College of Art, London: Charlie Ross; Robert Huth.
- From China, the fashion finalists are: • Hong Kong Polytechnic University: Daphney Pui Yan Ho; Kwok Kei Ng; Tsz Fung Kwok; Wong Kwai Ching.
- From Germany, the fashion finalists are: • Akademie Mode und Design, Munich: Irene Luft.
- From the Netherlands, the fashion finalists are: • ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, Arnhem: Hellen van Rees.
- From Croatia, the fashion finalists are: • Faculty of Textile Design, Zagreb: Igor Galas.
- From Switzerland, the fashion finalists are: • Institut of Fashion Design, Basel: Laura Clausen
- From Japan, the fashion finalists are: • Sugino Fashion College, Tokyo: Ryota Shiga.
- From Sweden, the fashion finalists are: • Swedish School of Textiles, Boras: Emelie Johansson.
- From New Zealand, the jewellery finalists are: • Auckland University of Technology: Lan Ching Fu. • Otago Polytechnic School of Art: Anne-Mieke Ytsma; Debbie Adamson.
- From Australia, the jewellery finalists are: • Queensland University of Technology: Paula Kyle Walden.
The selection panel comprised of Ross Gamble, fashion advisor; Sara Aspinall, fashion designer, Company of Strangers; and Katie Newton, Fashion and Beauty Editor of the Sunday Star Times, Sunday Magazine.
Gaining international attention and securing a place on the global fashion calendar foremerging talent, the 2010 iD Dunedin Emerging Designer Awards has become a professional fashion show destination.