John D. Idol, the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Our exceptional first quarter financial results demonstrate the sustained strong demand for the Michael Kors luxury brand. We attribute the ongoing momentum to our fashion design leadership combined with an aspirational jet-set luxury in-store experience. As we continue to successfully execute on our strategic initiatives, we remain excited about our future growth potential.”
For the first quarter ended June 29, 2013:
- Total revenue increased 54.5% to $640.9 million from $414.9 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Retail net sales increased 51.5% to $325.7 million driven by a 27.3% increase in comparable store sales and 75 net new store openings since the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2013. Wholesale net sales -increased 59.3% to $290.6 million and licensing revenue increased 40.7% to $24.6 million.
- Gross profit increased 58.3% to $397.3 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 62.0% compared to 60.5% in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Income from operations was $197.6 million, or 30.8% as a percentage of total revenue, as compared to $111.9 million, or 27.0% as a percentage of total revenue, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Net income was $125.0 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, based on 204.3 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.6 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, based on 199.4 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding.
- At June 29, 2013, the Company operated 328 retail stores, including concessions, compared to 253 retail stores, including concessions, at the end of the same prior-year period. The Company had 114 additional retail stores, including concessions, operated through licensing partners. Including licensed locations, there were 442 Michael Kors stores worldwide at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
Mr. Idol continued, “The strong performance in our retail, wholesale and licensing segments as well as across geographies led to record operating profits. North American comparable store sales increased 25%, as our luxury accessories and ready-to-wear offering and jet-set in-store experience continue to resonate strongly with consumers.
Sales in our North America wholesale segment increased 50%, driven by comparable store sales growth as well as the continued successful conversion of shop-in-shops in department stores. In Europe, sales grew 144% in the first quarter, as growing brand awareness led to comparable store sales growth of 56%.
Finally, in our licensing segment, revenue increased 41%, driven primarily by the strength in watches and eyewear. Overall, we remain extremely pleased with Michael Kors’ positioning within the growing global luxury lifestyle market and the advances we are making on our strategic growth initiatives.”
Click here to read full results
Textiles | On 23rd Feb 2018
Sympatex Technologies is moving towards sustainability with its...
Information Technology | On 23rd Feb 2018
CLO Virtual Fashion, a leading developer of cutting-edge 3D garment...
Mangalam Industries Pvt Ltd
‘The manufacturing sector is improving day-by-day, becoming better in...
‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’
‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’
Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
Fynd is the central online shopping destination for fashion, offering...
InvestKonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...
<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...
Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?Yes No Skip
Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?Yes
Total Votes: 102
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes No Skip
Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?Yes
Total Votes: 102
Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?Yes No Skip
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes
Total Votes: 102
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.
Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?Yes
Total Votes: 102