Group Revenue +6.0% to £753.2m (H1 FY13: £710.5m)
- Group like-for-like sales +1.9%
- New Look UK sales +5.0% to £579.4m (H1 FY13: £551.6m)
- New Look UK like-for-like sales +2.6%
- New Look E-commerce sales +78.8% (own website +52.9%)
- Group adjusted EBITDA + 19.3% to £103.7m (H1 FY13: £86.9m)
- Underlying operating profit +53.5% to £70.9m (H1 FY13: £46.2m)
- Profit before tax of £13.8m (H1 FY13: -£13.6m)
- Successful refinancing of debt in May 2013
-Revenue growth, markdown reduction and cost savings continue to underpin profit improvement
- Gross margin + 40bps at Group level as a result of tight control of stock and fewer markdowns
- Roll-out of our store refurbishment programme continues apace, with 199 converted by end September 2013
- Progress in multichannel continues, with Click and Collect now representing 25% of sales
- Bernhard Ruf appointed as Managing Director of International. Additionally, first six Chinese stores now agreed and progressing towards a 2014 opening programme
Anders Kristiansen, Chief Executive Officer, said, “Our strategy is delivering, and there is real momentum in the business. I am particularly pleased with the margin improvement brought about by our continued focus on cost control, tight stock management and reduced discounting.
“E-commerce continues to power ahead. The improved functionality of our site and enhanced delivery options have been well received by customers and we are continuing to invest in this very important part of our business.
“Internationally the opportunity is huge. We are doing our due diligence carefully but we are on track to open our first Chinese store by Spring 2014.
“In line with the rest of the sector, current trading is more challenging and as yet we are not seeing any benefits of economic recovery feed through to our customers’ pockets. However, we are confident that the strength of New Look’s offer, namely our product, our website, our stores and our people means that we are well placed for the busy Christmas trading period and beyond.”
Textiles | On 25th May 2017
Huntsman Corporation and Clariant have announced that their boards of ...
Apparel/Garments | On 25th May 2017
European cities were the preferred new destination for international...
‘Blending cultures is the true beauty of fashion, where one’s imagination...
‘In future, clothing boundary lines will become increasingly blurred.’
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...