MAGIC innovates with its most interactive show to date
Serving as an extremely positive indicator for the business of fashion, MAGIC showed huge growth across the board in terms of number of exhibitors, buyers and total attendance all on the rise. Key features this February included numerous celebrity appearances, the most informative seminar series to date, varied networking events and MAGIC's latest interactive destination, The
“The business of fashion is booming and MAGIC continues to innovate and remain the most vibrant hub to connect and inspire the fashion community,” said Chris DeMoulin, MAGIC International President and Executive Vice President of Advanstar's Fashion Group. “By bringing to life the fusion of trends, fashion, music, art, social media and technology, we were able to create our most interactive show yet.”
Interactive Features Included:
• Teen Vogue Blogger Lounge: Held on The Concourse at WWDMAGIC, a new hub of interactive trend reporting and activities produced in partnership with Teen Vogue, provided a real-time look at the fashion and styles shaping young women's purchasing. The Teen Vogue Blogger Lounge featured over 40 live bloggers reporting from the show floor, various social media collaborations, iPad brand art wall and live music.
• RIDE Untld: A new WORLD record was set on the MAGIC show floor with 19-Year-Old Aldrin Garcia winning $10,000 during the Maloof High Ollie Challenge at MAGIC. RIDE Unltd is a new destination for action sports, showcasing established and emerging skate and lifestyle apparel, footwear and hardware brands. Several pro-skater stopped by to be part of the action – Paul Rodriguez, Terry Kennedy, Eli Reed and Torey Pudwill.
• 'Jersey Shores' reality star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi launched her line of slippers at FN PLATFORM.
• Cedric the Entertainer offered a sneak peak of his “Who Ced” brand of hats, launching in August at MAGIC.
• Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas made an appearance at Project to promote the launch of his sneaker line Taboo Deltah. Guests of PROJECT also enjoyed an acoustic and unplugged performance by Julian Marley.
• S.L.A.T.E. hosted Rapper Fabolous and mixed martial arts athletes Ryan Bader, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Stephan Bonnar.
• MEN's PREMIUM featured Tattoos by Ami James, co-owner of Miami tattoo shop, Miami Ink and from the TLC series of the same name.
MAGIC has once again solidified its reputation as the most influential event in the business of fashion, with the best assortment of brands, more than 60,000 attendees from over 80 countries, and more than 1,300 new and emerging brands.
FN PLATFORM has quickly become the must-attend footwear show, with 35 percent growth for its February 2011 show, showcasing more than 1,250 new brands from women's, men's, juniors and children's footwear. The show kicked off with AAFA and FN PLATFORM bringing charity and fun to the table with a Shoe Chef Competition – 12 of the top name brands senior executives competing to assemble decadent shoe-themed desserts.